HFL1501: Describe transformative constitutionalism in your own words and How is a real right enforced: Historical Foundations of South African Law Assignment, UNISA, South Africa
|University||University of South Africa (UNISA)|
|Subject||HFL1501: Historical Foundations of South African Law|
Describe transformative constitutionalism in your own words.
How is a real right enforced?
Read the following scenario and answer the question that follows: Leo has a servitude to draw water from the farm of his neighbor Barry. He is, however, unable to draw the water as the pipe is blocked. Leo now demands that Barry, as the owner of the servient land, clean and maintains the duct. Is Leo’s claim correct? Provide a reason for your answer.
(2) Consider the current position on land reform as described in section 25 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, and answer the following questions:
(a) Is expropriation without compensation currently possible under South African law? Provide a reason for your answer.
(b) Do you agree with the current expropriation arrangements, as set out in section 25? Provide a reason for your answer.
Indicate whether the performance in the agreement concluded in the following scenario is a (a) specific performance, or (b) unspecified performance. Write down only “A” or “B” as your answer: Orabile gets drunk and accidentally fires his pistol near the fence separating his farm from Mzu’s farm. The bullet from Orabile’s weapon kills Mzu’s bull. The bull has won awards at two local competitions. Mirabile undertakes to compensate Mzu for his loss. He will pay Mzu the amount an independent appraiser determines as the value of the bull at the time of its death.
(1) 3.2 Read the following statements and identify whether the contract described in each is Write down only “valid”, “void” OR “voidable” as your answer:
(a) John buys two tickets to a movie from Andile. John is under the impression that he is buying the tickets from a woman named Ayanda. (1)
(b) Xoli kidnaps Rabelani’s daughter and uses this as leverage to force Rabelani to sell his house to Xoli at a very low price. (1)
(c) Mia tries to convince Lientjie to buy her old coffee machine.
Need help with African academic essays & assignments online?
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your African college/ university Assignments.
- The government should introduce laws to ensure that more can be done to censor both content and individuals on social media: Business Communication Essay, CPUT, Ireland
- The purpose of this exercise is to sharpen your skills in describing broad patterns of metropolitan growth: Real Estate Assignment, CPUT South Africa
- What sociological questions can you draw from the COVID-19 pandemic and How has it affected society and social relations: Sociology Essay, UNISA, South Africa
- In December 2019, a cluster of pneumonia cases was reported in China, which eventually led to the identification of the first case of COVID-19: Public Policy Development Analysis CaseStudy MD, South Africa
- BEC111: Explain what is COVID-19 pandemic and Discuss the prevalence of the COVID-19 pandemic in South Africa: Business Management Assignment, UFH, South Africa
- Discuss why it is important, in terms of intergovernmental relations, to know the objectives: Financial management Essay, UNISA, South Africa
- ADMM301: A recent arbitration award by the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation & Arbitration (CCMA) (Case number GAJB24054-21) dated 21 January 2022, found in favor of the respondent, the Goldrush Group: Administrative Management Assignment, DUT, Africa
- Select and describe one important unsatisfactory practice currently used in your work unit: Professional Results Based Management Assignment, UOW, Africa
- With reference to this statement, describe the techniques you would use as a project manager to improve the accuracy and reliability: IT Project management Assignment, UCT, Africa
- Write an application that inputs ten numbers each between 10 and 100 both inclusive: Java Assignment, CCT, Africa