Know the various tools, techniques and apply suitable tools and techniques in different alternative: Operation Management Assignment, UNISA, South Africa
|University||University of South Africa (UNISA)|
LO1 Know the various tools, and techniques and apply suitable tools and techniques in different alternative scenarios of Operations Management
LO2 Apply information management techniques and evaluate them in the context of operational functions to achieve competitive advantage and make the organization globally competitive
LO3 Apply and critically evaluate the importance of project management to given business situations (Using PERT / CPM)
LO4 Demonstrate operations strategy in a domestic and global context and evaluate how the use of technology has impacted the operational functions
Assignment title: Operations Management
Read the following Scenario, and prepare a Report with the guidelines provided.
Scenario: The learner is acting as Chief Operation Officer (COO) of operation and project for a chosen organization in an emerging economy, particularly in the Middle East (ME) region. Currently, the chosen organization is attempting to (a) enhance its global operation from ME to Europe and (b) develop artificial intelligence capabilities to build competitiveness in the corporate business strategy.
The learner is required to explore operations strategy/principles, the impact of adopting lean strategies on supply chain networks, developing a project management plan, and building quality systems to build operational competitiveness.
Question 1. Report on Chosen Organizational Scenario
The report should include the following:
An introduction to the Chosen Organization is required. The student must then highlight the principles of operation management that they think are most important to their business organization. These principles must be justified. The operations strategy of the firm must be discussed explaining how it transforms the input as value-added output (product & services). Finally, briefly discuss at least three operational challenges the firm is now experiencing.
A review of the operations strategy of the organization, exploring the current and long-term solutions to address the challenges the firm is experiencing. The solutions must discuss the internal and external influences that would have led to the need for such action. Drawing from the experiences of other organizations here would add value to your answer.
Supply chain management, like other business functions, is a supporting arm of the operations strategy. Here the student must explore at least 3 SCM strategies that are likely to contribute to a successful and or more profitable enterprise. Each recommendation must be justified, considering the current position of the organization. Again, we encourage students to draw from the examples of other firms, sharing their experiences in relation to the question.
Students must discuss quality management approaches, highlighting various ways, through examples, in which a quality mindset can add value to the operations at their chosen organization. Students are required to explore several quality management tools (both offline and online) in the discussion while exploring quality’s contribution to a leaner enterprise. Even though you are writing in the context of the organization, you are encouraged to draw from the examples of other firms, sharing their experiences in relation to the question.
Discuss how an AI (big data-driven) platform can further enhance the overall business operations. You must also discuss the business exposure and risks such initiatives could have on the operations strategy of your organization proposing workable solutions to address them. Even though you are writing in the context of the organization, you are encouraged to draw from the examples of other firms, sharing their experiences in relation to the question.
References and writing style: You must strictly adhere to the Harvard Referencing System Format and present the report in an Essay type format where applicable.
Question 2 Project Plan for a Business Scenario
Propose and design a Project Plan for the implementation of AI software to enhance the chosen organization’s proposals to help improve operations in
Task 1. Discuss how the project plan will impact the overall strategic objectives of the organization.
The project plan must be an action plan where the student is encouraged to make real-life assumptions and not just engage the reader in theory. The plan should define the following:
Project roles and responsibilities
Timeline with Gantt charts
Risk management with a populated template
Stakeholder management with a populated matrix
Other areas can be discussed
Assuming that below are the stages for your project plan regarding the implementation of the new software, you must design a PERT diagram showing its Critical path. You must highlight the drawbacks of applying PERT in the project and recommend ways of mitigating them.
Stuck! We Have Native African Tutors Online 24*7 Who can Answer your Assignment & Homework Questions Instant.
At Africa Assignment Help, our online assignment help services are provided by experienced and well-qualified professionals who understand the requirements of college or university students. You can ask us “do my assignment for me?” and we will provide a high-quality management assignment at a competitive price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your African college/ university Assignments.
- You are the Business Development Executive of Every shop, the online shopping platform: Business management Research Paper, UNISA, South Africa
- HFL1501: Explain the difference between practical and scientific reception and give an example of each from South African legal history: Historical Foundations of South African Law Assignment, UNISA, South Africa
- Charles Verstappen is the current CEO of Safety Net, a rapidly growing insurance company based in South Africa: Faculty of Law Assignment, UG, South Africa
- IRF231: Write an argumentative essay in which you discuss three ways in which education could make a meaningful contribution: Intensive Reading Essay, UWC, South Africa
- HIST 213: Discuss the justifications for the implementation of Structural Adjustment Programs in Ghana and Zambia: World History Essay, South Africa
- Understand the social theory of gender, the hierarchy of gender roles, and other intersections in how they contribute to the attainment of equity: HIV-AIDS Management Assignment, SU, South Africa
- The government should introduce laws to ensure that more can be done to censor both content and individuals on social media: Business Communication Essay, CPUT, Ireland
- The purpose of this exercise is to sharpen your skills in describing broad patterns of metropolitan growth: Real Estate Assignment, CPUT South Africa
- What sociological questions can you draw from the COVID-19 pandemic and How has it affected society and social relations: Sociology Essay, UNISA, South Africa
- In December 2019, a cluster of pneumonia cases was reported in China, which eventually led to the identification of the first case of COVID-19: Public Policy Development Analysis CaseStudy MD, South Africa