This is an argumentative essay on baby hatches The assignment question gives you an explanation of a baby hatch: Social work Assignment, UCT, Africa
|University||University of Cape Town (UCT)|
Understanding the topic
– This is an argumentative essay on baby hatches. The assignment question gives you an explanation of a baby hatch. It is important that you understand what it is before you begin to write the essay.
There are two viewpoints:
i) Opponents (those who are against): they argue that baby hatches are not good a good idea as it is seen as an easy way out of parenthood and may lead to human trafficking, etc
ii) Proponents (those who are in favor): they support baby hatches and are of the view that more baby hatches should be made available in South Africa. Their argument, amongst others, is that baby hatches will give unwanted babies a chance of survival.
– Please note that there are many more opponents and proponents’ views on baby hatches. Only a few are listed above and in the essay question. You are not restricted to using only what is given to you. You may discuss any other viewpoint that is relevant.
– The question you have to address is whether baby hatches should not exist in South Africa (SA). This means that baby hatches are already in existence in SA. Think about whether you share the view of the opponents or the proponents?
– Before you begin writing you should know what your view is. This view is referred to as your claim. For the sake of the essay, you must pick aside.
Stuck! We Have Native African Tutors Online 24*7 Who can Answer your Assignment & Homework Questions Instant.
Body of the Essay
– You are required to have two body paragraphs. A paragraph is generally between 10 to 12 lines (NB: lines are not the same as sentences. A paragraph can be 12 lines long but only have three sentences, for instance. The paragraph you are currently reading is four lines long and consists of four sentences).
– Each paragraph should have a sub-claim. Think of your sub-claim as a reason in support of your argument.
– The sub-claim must be developed further by providing an explanation or elaboration of the sub-claim. This means conducting research to support your point of view.
– Once you have provided sufficient support for your sub-claim you can then provide a counter-claim (think of how someone else could oppose your view and how you would counteract what they say). The counter-claim should be refuted or conceded. Having a counter-claim is your way of engaging with what the opposition would say and using that to strengthen your claim.
– It is always advisable to end your paragraph by reinforcing your sub-claim and/or claim. Or, as we like to think of it, the ‘therefore’ sentence 😊 ‘Therefore, because of sub-claim, the claim’
feeling stressed! Dont Know the answer of your assessment questions? Ask Native African Experts & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
At Africa Assignment Help we have hired a large team of skilled writers who offer online assignment writers to complete your social work assignment. our experts always understand your problem and prepare the affordable solution at the cheapest price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your African college/ university Assignments.
- You are the Business Development Executive of Every shop, the online shopping platform: Business management Research Paper, UNISA, South Africa
- HFL1501: Explain the difference between practical and scientific reception and give an example of each from South African legal history: Historical Foundations of South African Law Assignment, UNISA, South Africa
- Charles Verstappen is the current CEO of Safety Net, a rapidly growing insurance company based in South Africa: Faculty of Law Assignment, UG, South Africa
- IRF231: Write an argumentative essay in which you discuss three ways in which education could make a meaningful contribution: Intensive Reading Essay, UWC, South Africa
- HIST 213: Discuss the justifications for the implementation of Structural Adjustment Programs in Ghana and Zambia: World History Essay, South Africa
- Understand the social theory of gender, the hierarchy of gender roles, and other intersections in how they contribute to the attainment of equity: HIV-AIDS Management Assignment, SU, South Africa
- The government should introduce laws to ensure that more can be done to censor both content and individuals on social media: Business Communication Essay, CPUT, Ireland
- The purpose of this exercise is to sharpen your skills in describing broad patterns of metropolitan growth: Real Estate Assignment, CPUT South Africa
- What sociological questions can you draw from the COVID-19 pandemic and How has it affected society and social relations: Sociology Essay, UNISA, South Africa
- In December 2019, a cluster of pneumonia cases was reported in China, which eventually led to the identification of the first case of COVID-19: Public Policy Development Analysis CaseStudy MD, South Africa