Occupational Therapy – Assessment and intervention Assignment, WIT, South Africa. You are an Occupational Therapist working in a Community Mental Health Team
|University||University of the Witwatersrand (WIT)|
Option 2: You are an Occupational Therapist working in a Community Mental Health Team.
You are to select, analyze and evaluate two assessments and one intervention appropriate for your client (case scenario outlined below), focusing on the occupational challenges experienced by the client’s condition of Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
Maria Silva is in her early-forties and moved to England from Brazil 8 years ago with her husband Lucas. Maria is proud of her Brazilian culture and heritage, and it was a difficult choice moving her family to England but did so as her husband was offered a job in a local hospital. Maria values the Roman Catholic faith and was a regular attendee and member of the church community in Brazil.
Maria runs her own business in website design, which she carries out, primarily from home. This enables her to drop off and pick up her children aged 8 and 6 from school, which is important to her. Maria and Lucas recently moved to a more rural area of Derbyshire so that the children could access a better school. However, this moved the family away from the local Roman Catholic Church where Maria felt part of the community.
She regularly volunteered on a Sunday to help look after the young children during services and took part in creating the church flower arrangements for Sunday Mass. The new area has limited public transport and only a small local shop with little fresh produce.
When Maria first moved to the U.K she was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and in the past few months, this has worsened. Maria feels tense much of the time and feels that something bad is going to happen. She often sends messages to Lucas at work for reassurance. She avoids seeing her few friends, as she is embarrassed she starts to feel dizzy and experiences palpitations.
This is also affecting her work as she has lost confidence in her ability and worries that her clients will not like her work. Maria struggles to sleep at night due to her worries, making her tired and irritable during the day. She has also started to avoid going out to the local shop due to her anxiety. Maria fatigues easily when walking the children to and from school. This is particularly challenging in the morning, so now a friend walks the children to school and Maria collects them after school.
Maria previously regularly caught the bus into Derby to the church that she enjoyed going to and would visit her elderly ex-neighbors for lunch, which would help break up the day. Her ex-neighbors have expressed their concern that Maria has stopped visiting and they struggle to get to her village. Maria has lost some confidence in her ability to do this purposeful activity due to some physical issues but also because she feels panicky when she gets on the bus.
Maria was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) seven years ago. She experiences joint pain and stiffness, particularly in her hands. As a result of the pain, Maria has found it difficult to use her computer keyboard for her work. This has led her to limit the amount of time spent working. This reduction in work has reduced the family income.
Maria enjoys cooking but finds preparing meals challenging, particularly when handling heavy pots and pans. Maria used to pride herself on making an effort with her appearance even when working from home as this helped her motivation but is neglecting this, as it is tiring and frustrating.
As a result, Maria has begun to wear more casual, loose-fitting clothes. Lucas is worried about Maria as she is spending much time alone at home, is inactive, and does not have many friends in the village. Lucas is working long shifts to make up for Maria not working as much, impacting the time they have together and as a family. Maria sometimes needs some help from Lucas to get in and out of the bath. This is something that she liked to do to help her relax.
There are 2 options for you to choose from for this module assessment.
Option 1: You are an Occupational Therapist working in a Physical Disabilities Community Team. You are to select, analyze and evaluate two assessments and one intervention appropriate for your client (see Option 1 below), focusing on the occupational challenges experienced by the client’s condition of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Option 2: You are an Occupational Therapist working in a Community Mental Health Team. You are to select, analyze and evaluate two assessments and one intervention appropriate for your client (see Option 2 below), focusing on the occupational challenges experienced by the client’s condition of Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
You are to choose either Option 1 or Option 2. Case scenarios for each option are provided within the summative assessment folder.
Stuck! We Have Native African Tutors Online 24*7 Who can Answer your Assignment & Homework Questions Instant.
If you seeking top-quality homework writing help then rely on the expert writers of Africa Assignment Help. Our highly talented experts have enough skills to write the perfect quality solution for all types of healthcare assignments. So contact us today and get the best assignment help in South Africa at market price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your African college/ university Assignments.
- LLB Assignment UNISA, South Africa Your firm is approached by Stilnox Property Group (Pty) Ltd. During the consultation, the CEO of Stilnox,
- Advanced supply chain operations Assignment, WITS, South Africa Define your decision variables explicitly
- Strategic Public Administration and Management Assignment, UG, South Africa Conduct a thorough analysis of the external environment, including political, economic, social, technological, environmental
- COM4805: Integrated Communication, Assignment, UNISA, South Africa This changing landscape of strategic communication caused the communication professional
- Project Management Assignment, UP, South Africa Procurement and contract management form an integral part of the project process, from initializing to the eventual finalization of the project
- Research for Computing Methods, Assignment, Wits, South Africa For his workplace project for his professional course, Humphrey decided to study
- Research and statistics Research Paper, UP, South Africa Poverty does not create our social problems social problems create our poverty
- Introduction to Research Assignment, Wits, South Africa Identify the paradigm/tradition for each article. You will need to motivate each choice of paradigm
- Auditing 3A Case Study, MD, South Africa Design tests of controls to test the effectiveness
- End User Computing Research Paper, UG, South Africa The presentation is made using the compLiter application you identified in the research plan.