Understand the social theory of gender, the hierarchy of gender roles, and other intersections in how they contribute to the attainment of equity: HIV-AIDS Management Assignment, SU, South Africa
|University||Stellenbosch University (SU)|
- Understand the social theory of gender, the hierarchy of gender roles, and other intersections in how they contribute to the attainment of equity.
- Recognize that gender is a vulnerability and an integral element in successfully addressing HIV/AIDs in SubSaharan Africa.
- Ensure that human rights and gender equality are a central part of HIV programming in the workplace in Sub-Saharan Africa
Gender refers to “the widely shared expectation and norms within society about appropriate male and female behaviour, characteristics and roles. Gender refers to the attitudes, feelings, and behaviours that a given culture associates with a person’s biological sex. Behaviour that is compatible with cultural expectations is referred to as gender-normative; behaviours that are viewed as incompatible with these expectations constitute gender nonconformity. Gupta adds that gender is a social and cultural construct that distinguishes women from men and also defines how they relate to each other” (Gupta, 2000). Because gender is socially and culturally constructed we are not born with assigned gender roles but they are imparted from one generation to the next. This is done through a process of socialisation which varies by geographical and regional contexts.
Gender affects power, femininity, masculinity, roles, social status, norms, values, responsibilities, expectations, sexuality and division of labour and distribution of resources. These power dynamics that come with gender ar
asymmetrical and create imbalances in relations and this impacts women and men differently. Women have a significant impact on the vulnerability to HIV and AIDs. Gender roles reinforce women’s social status reinforced gender roles typically leave women especially vulnerable to HIV infection and its impacts, but it is also important to recognize that gender roles affect men’s vulnerability as well. Therefore gender is not a static individual identity but must also be viewed as an ongoing social process that changes over time. Sex is a biological marker that you are born with and is universal across the world and does not change over time unless one undergoes a medical intervention
Stuck! We Have Native African Tutors Online 24*7 Who can Answer your Assignment & Homework Questions Instant.
If you’re looking for trustworthy experts to do my assignment, then Africa Assignment help can help. Our dedicated team of experienced writers is always available and ready to craft quality solutions on management assignments at a cheap price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your African college/ university Assignments.
- You are the Business Development Executive of Every shop, the online shopping platform: Business management Research Paper, UNISA, South Africa
- HFL1501: Explain the difference between practical and scientific reception and give an example of each from South African legal history: Historical Foundations of South African Law Assignment, UNISA, South Africa
- Charles Verstappen is the current CEO of Safety Net, a rapidly growing insurance company based in South Africa: Faculty of Law Assignment, UG, South Africa
- IRF231: Write an argumentative essay in which you discuss three ways in which education could make a meaningful contribution: Intensive Reading Essay, UWC, South Africa
- HIST 213: Discuss the justifications for the implementation of Structural Adjustment Programs in Ghana and Zambia: World History Essay, South Africa
- The government should introduce laws to ensure that more can be done to censor both content and individuals on social media: Business Communication Essay, CPUT, Ireland
- The purpose of this exercise is to sharpen your skills in describing broad patterns of metropolitan growth: Real Estate Assignment, CPUT South Africa
- What sociological questions can you draw from the COVID-19 pandemic and How has it affected society and social relations: Sociology Essay, UNISA, South Africa
- In December 2019, a cluster of pneumonia cases was reported in China, which eventually led to the identification of the first case of COVID-19: Public Policy Development Analysis CaseStudy MD, South Africa
- HFL1501: Describe transformative constitutionalism in your own words and How is a real right enforced: Historical Foundations of South African Law Assignment, UNISA, South Africa